The Hope Elliott Memorial Scholarship, offered through Breakthrough Communications and The Queen’s School, provides financial assistance for students of The Queen’s School that have shown academic promise but without financial means. Additionally, recipients must possess strong civic values and character, and a desire to make a meaningful contribution to continuing Hope’s Vision.
Scholarship recipients are required to provide a report of their achievements under the scholarship including academic and personal accomplishments. Further, scholarship recipients are required to mentor subsequent recipients.
The scholarship recipient does not receive any cash in hand. All payments are administered to and/or through The Queen's School.
- Tuition, PTA Fees, Book, Uniform and Lunch Allowance, transportation and exam fees up to a predetermined value
- Voice, speech and presentation skills training with Master Trainer Paula Anne Porter-Jones
- High Tea session with influential women at The Courtyard by Marriott
- Professional photo shoot
- Gift package from LASCO Distributors
The Applicant must:
- Be a registered student at The Queen’s School and have attended the school for at least three (3) academic years
- Have received an average higher than or equal to a B- for the previous academic year
- Be an active participant in at least one non-academic extra curricular activity
- Submit an essay succinctly expressing ambitions and how the scholarship will contribute to these ambitions.
- Submit at least two reference letters with one being from an educator and another from a community leader (such as a religious leader, ranking Police officer or public official).